If you are a life-long sufferer of asthma or you have recently been diagnosed, there are always questions about how you can manage your asthma better and need your medications less. Information and ideas on natural remedies for asthma and how to have an easier time breathing.
- Learn as much as you can about living with your condition. Knowledge is power! Make sure you are well informed about the causes and known natural and prescribed ways to control your symptoms. Living with asthma can be difficult and cause you to have unwanted stress within your personal life.
- Sometimes you can be having an asthma attack and not know it. This is normally called a silent asthma attack. A way to tell if you are having a silent asthma attack is to make sure that your fingernails or lips are not purple, as this indicates a lack of oxygen to your lungs.
- Add onions to your daily diet. Onions contain a chemical called diphenyl-thiosulfate, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic effects. Eating more onions can reduce your need for pharmaceutical interventions in order to treat your asthma symptoms, by increasing your body’s natural ability to reduce inflammation in your lungs.
- When you clean your home, as you should do regularly to minimize asthma symptoms, use all-natural cleaning products. Harsh chemical cleaners can give off fumes that may irritate your lungs and make your asthma symptoms worse. Many chemical cleaning products also have fragrances in them that should be avoided by people with asthma.
- Use natural remedies for your asthma. While doctor-prescribed medication might be necessary to prevent deadly attacks, a healthy diet will help to improve everyday life. Beta carotene promotes healthy mucus membranes in your mouth and nose which help to reduce the chances of serious asthma attacks.