Sesame Seed Oil has been used like a healing oil for thousands of years and also the list of benefits of sesame seed oil is long. Sesame oil is mentioned within the Vedas as excellent for humans because there are many sesame oil benefits. It’s naturally Antibacterial for common skin pathogens, for example staphylococcus and streptococcus as well as common skin fungi, for example athlete’s foot fungus. It is naturally antiviral. It’s a natural anti inflammatory agent.
Benefits for Skin:
- The e vitamin in sesame oil make it a excellent emollient and moisturizer, which, if used regularly, keeps the skin moisturized, healthy, hydrated and nourished. Hence, sesame oil is proven to be extremely beneficial for dry skin care.
- Sesame oil has natural sun screen lotion and sunscreen properties. Use of sesame seed oil on the body parts subjected to the sun can help prevent tanning along with other damages caused by the harmful Ultra violet rays of the sun. This is among the important sesame oil benefits.
- Sesame oil has tranquilizing and soothing properties hence it’s popularly used in massage therapies and aromatherapy. A sesame oil face or head massage before you go to bed can help you get some sound sleep and rest and it is beneficial for people suffering from insomnia.
- The soothing and healing properties of sesame seed oil also proves beneficial in the repair of damaged skin cells as well as for skin rejuvenation. Application of sesame seed oil towards the skin improves blood circulation which will help repair damaged skin cells and provides the skin a healthy glow.
- Sesame oil also seeps in to the skin or is absorbed through the skin very easily, which helps skin feel soft, hydrated and lightweight.
- Sesame oil has the ability to attract and trap toxins which are soluble in oil. This detoxification of your skin can be done by applying warm sesame oil towards the skin, let it stay for approximately 15 minutes and then wash them back with lukewarm water without needing any soap.
- The antioxidants it contains helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and helps you maintain youthful skin for a longer period.
- Topical application of sesame seed oil is known to be beneficial in the treatment and cure of skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema.
- Sesame oil can also be very beneficial in the cure and protection against acne due to its oil pulling properties.